• In comparison to raw pigments, masterbatch allows for higher accuracy of controlling the opacity or transparency of final product.
• Additive ingredients are also ncluded in masterbatch, which means there is a minimal chance of variance during the manufacturing process.
• Masterbatching gives better color consistency in end products.
• Melting processes are improved in masterbatch because binding agents are matched with polymers being used.
• Masterbatch are not airborne, whereas pigments can become airborne during processing, which allows them to contaminate adjacent manufacturing lines.
There are other many reasons to consider masterbatch besides the above advantages.